Field Report's Chris Porterfield has seen his share of changes over the last two years. He's quit drinking and gained a new songwriting perspective from road experiences supporting the band's first release. Even the new album "Marigolden" was recorded in a Canadian studio far from the farm fields of Wisconsin.
Dolores is a new Madison band who have just put out a very good debut EP called Nectar Fields. It's been riding high at the top of Bandcamp's Madison tagged releases for popularity and one listen will tell you why. From the soulful pop of Hustle to the no holds barred Fight Fire With Fire, the foursome exhibit a high caliber of musicianship and some real promise for a bright future.Read more...
Dolores has done a handful of basement shows and are slated for an early High Noon Saloon gig on Monday. So give Dolores Nectar Fields a listen and check them out live to see if you agree. We had a chance to send some questions the band’s way and bassist, keyboardist and producer Adam Thein responded.
Slow Magic, the anonymous beatmaker who wears a signature tribal mask while performing, offers a more organic kind of live show than your average electronic mixmaster. With two floor toms next to his laptop rig, he creates live percussion sounds transcending the pre-recorded samples and loops into an entirely different experience.Read more...
|Page 1 of 10|
1. Sonny Knight and the Lakers create new sound from Twin Cities funk and soul past
2. Heaters forge psych-rock path from Michigan
3. Chris Porterfield of Field Report gains new perspective from touring
4. Twin Peaks headline Chicago invasion
5. Slow Magic bridges gap between electronic and live performance
6. Local Picks: Dolores has got the groove
7. Sylvan Esso and PHOX unite on remix of ‘Slow Motion’
8. Four Fists with P.O.S. and Astronautilus drive YumYum Fest music vibe
9. Watch Black Lips King Khan BBQ party!
10. Har Mar Superstar hits the road with Macaulay Culkin's The Pizza Underground?